We're On Your Team
Our facility features a team of coaches whose experience is matched only by their dedication to our members. They take the time to get to know you personally, gaining a deep understanding of your goals and any unique challenges you might face. With the guidance from one of our professional coaches, a new level of YOU is within your reach.
Professor Anna’s BJJ journey began in December of 2009 at Master Roberto Traven’s school in Atlanta, Georgia. After trying just one class, she fell in love with the sport. She started competing within just a few months and has been training and competing consistently ever since. Now, with years of experience and a myriad of competition successes,Anna is Master Traven’s first female black belt that has a passion for learning and teaching the art. Her journey continues as she regularly trains and competes under Roberto Traven and teaches at Tsunami Mixed Martial Arts.
- IBJJF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS ’17 – Brown Adult Light-Feather – 2nd
- FIGHT TO WIN PRO 36 ’17 – Professional Submission Only Jiu Jitsu – Win
- FIGHT TO WIN PRO 20 ’16 – Professional Submission Only Jiu Jitsu – Win
- IBJJF ATL Summer No-Gi Open ’16 – Brown Adult Feather / Open Class – 2nd/ 2nd
- IBJJF ATL Summer Open ’16 – Brown Adult Feather / Open Class – 1st / 2nd
- IBJJF NY Open ’16 – Brown Adult Feather / Open Class – 1st / 1st
- IBJJF ATL BJJ Pro ‘16 – Brown Adult Feather / Open Class – 1st / 1st
- IBJJF ATL Summer Gi Open ’15 – Brown Adult Feather / Open Class – 1st / 1st
- IBJJF ATL Winter Open ’15 – Purple Adult Feather / Open Class – 1st / 2nd
- IBJJF ATL Open ’14 – Purple Adult Feather / Open Class – 1st / 1st
- IBJJF Worlds ’14 – Purple Adult Light Feather – 2nd
- IBJJF Pan Ams ’14 – Purple Adult Light Feather / Open Class – 1st / 3rd
- IBJJF ATL Open ’13 – Purple Adult Medium / Open Class – 2nd / 2nd
- IBJJF Worlds ’13 – Purple Adult Light Feather – 2nd
- IBJJF Pan Ams ’13 – Purple Adult Light Feather – 2nd
- IBJJF NY Open ’13 – Purple Adult Light Feather / Open Class – 1st / 3rd
- IBJJF ATL Open ’12 – Blue Adult Light Feather / Open Class – 1st / 2nd
- IBJJF Worlds ’12- Blue Adult Light Feather – 3rd
- IBJJF Pan Ams ’11 – White Adult Feather – 1st
“In Jiu Jitsu, you never lose. You either win or you learn.”
Denise Houle holds a Black Belt under Roberto Traven and is a 2x Masters World Champion. Denise started training Jiu Jitsu over 10 years ago and is an active Jiu Jitsu competitor. Denise loves sharing her passion of the art with others and assisting people reach their personal goals.
Denise Houle is a certified NASM Personal Trainer, a certified NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist and a NASM Certified MMA Strength and Conditioning Coach.
Denise has extensive experience leading group fitness classes and training clients one on one.
- IBJJF Masters Worlds 2019 Black Belt Master 4 Middleweight 2nd
- IBJJF ATL Spring Open 2019 Black Belt Master 4 Middleweight / Open class 1st/1st
- NFC 2018 BJJ/Female Black Belt Competitor of the year runner up
- IBJJF Masters Worlds 2018 Black Belt Master 4 Middleweight 2nd
- NFC BJJ #107 Black Belt Professional Match “Winner By Submission”
- IBJJF ATL Summer Open 2018 Black Belt Master 1 Middleweight/ Open Class 3rd/2nd
- IBJJF Pan Ams 2018 Black Belt Master 4 Middleweight 2nd
- IBJJF ATL Winter Open 2018 Brown Belt Master 1 Middleweight 2nd
- IBJJF ATL Summer Open 2017 Brown Belt Master 1 Middleweight/ Open Class 1st/ 2nd
- IBJJF Master’s Worlds 2017 Brown Belt Master 3 Middleweight 1st
- IBJJF ATL Spring Open 2017 Brown Belt Master 1 Middleweight 1st
- IBJJF ATL Winter Open 2017 Brown Belt Master 1 Med Heavy/ Open Class 1st/ 3rd
- IBJJF Master’s Worlds 2016 Brown Belt Master 2 Lightweight/ Open Class 3rd/ 2nd
- IBJJF ATL BJJ Pro 2016 Brown Belt Adult Middleweight/ Open Class 3rd/ 3rd
- IBJJF ATL Winter Open 2015 Brown Belt Master 1 Middleweight/ Open Class 1st/ 2nd
- IBJJF ATL Summer Open 2014 Brown Belt Master 1 Open Class 2nd
- IBJJF Master’s Worlds 2014 Purple Belt Master 3 Lightweight/ Open Class 1st/ 2nd
- IBJJF ATL International Open 2014 Purple Belt Master 1 Middleweight/ Open Class 3rd/ 2nd
- IBJJF ATL International Open 2013 Purple Belt Master 1 Middleweight/ Open Class 1st/ 2nd
- IBJJF Pan Jiu Jitsu Championship 2013 Purple Belt Master1 Middleweight 2nd
- IBJJF ATL International Open 2012 Blue Belt Master 1 Heavy/ Open Class 1st/ 1st
- IBJJF Miami International Open 2010 Blue Belt Middleweight 1st
- NAGA Atlanta Multime Gi and No Gi 1st/ 2nd/ 3rd place medalist
- Lutador ATL Open Multime Gi and No Gi 1st/ 2nd/ 3rd place medalist
Favorite Quote: “If you can believe it you can Achieve it”
Coach Mohammad started martial arts when he was at the ripe age of 12. He first got his black belt in Karate under Master Koo in Cartersville. He then progressed onto MMA and BJJ once he was 15. At 16 he was entering grappling tournaments and consistently winning gold in the teens division. His time has now only been completely focused on BJJ, usually training 2-3 times a day and 6 days a week. 6 years into BJJ now Mohammad is a purple belt who has competed against and submitted multiple Brown belts in his career. Although he loves to compete, passing on his knowledge and experience to others is an absolute joy for him. His biggest goal in his BJJ career is to become a highly decorated world class black belt and also make a positive impact in his student’s lives.
- 3x IBJJF Atlanta open silver medalist
- FIGHT TO WIN PRO 20 ’16 – Professional Submission Only Jiu Jitsu – Win – Submission of the night winner
- Lutador 2014 silver medalist
- Newbreed 2014 silver medalist
- Kakuto submission only 2014 silver medalist
- Copa Grappling 2016 silver medalist
- 2× Ibjjf Chicago open bronze medalist
- 2x time Newbreed bronze medalist
- Copa Grappling absolute gi division 2014 bronze
- American Grappling federation 2015 bronze medalist
- Kakuto submission only 2015 bronze medalist
- 4x Newbreed gold medalist
- 2x American Grappling Challenge gold medalist
- 6x Copa Grappling gold medalist
- 4x Lutador grappling gold medalist
- 2x American Grappling federation gold medalist
- 2x kakuto submission only gold medalist
”A great man is defined by his character, not his accomplishments”
Coach Kyle became a student of martial arts in 2003 as he began college with Tae Kwon Do. After earning belts and competing, he became interested in sampling many different art forms. Having spent time practicing Judo, Karate, and Capoeira, he found his knack with Muay Thai, which he has taught for the past 3 years. He was a cornerman for a former NFC Featherweight Champion, as well as many fighters at different stages of their development. A true fan of kickboxing, he enjoys helping people of all levels improve their technique – whether for fun, or competition. His goal is to help people realize their internal strengths.
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks, but I fear the man who has practice 1 kick 10,000 times” – Bruce Lee
Coach Ryan started training in martial arts at the age of 4 under Master Don Gober. He received is 1st Degree Black Belt in Shotokan Karate in 2008. While in college at the University of Southern Mississippi, He received a Bachelor’s of Fine Arts Degree in Acting Performance and minored in Modern Dance. Ryan has studied various movement techniques such as the Michael Lugering Technique and The Alexander Technique. His studies in university completely revolutionize his approach to martial arts. His primary focus when teaching class is to challenge his students into finding the most efficient path of movement for their own body. He wishes to continue his martial arts training and become a Movement Professor teaching at a university level in the future.
“Art calls for complete mastery of techniques, developed by reflection within the soul.” Bruce Lee
“Punches and Kicks are tools to kill the ego” – Bruce Lee
Coach Roy started his martial arts journey at a young age under instruction of Wushu master Tory Campbell. In 2010 he became a pupil of Senior Muay Thai instructor Joe Powers of Total Boxing, where he began teaching the art of 8 limbs to adults and children. In 2015, Roy earned his Red/Brown Kru certification through the National United States Muay Thai Association. Roy has also competed in the NFC 138lbs division alongside former NFC featherweight Champion.
Favorite quote:“Learning defense improves the attack. If the lion knows how the prey can escape, it’ll capture it in a much more precise way” -Rillion Gracie
Martyna "The Bully" Krol
Coach Martyna is a pro fighter out of Poland. With over 45 professional fights, she has fought some of the best in the ring and is the 2014 K-1 champ and 2014 Patong Stadium Muay Thai champ. Martyna had her first Muay Thai class in Thailand while on vacation there in May of 2013 and took her first professional fight a week later, winning by TKO. You can catch her fitness kickboxing classes on Tuesdays at the 630, 930, and 11a classes & on Thursday mornings at 630 at Tsunami.
Coach Joe started training in Judo at the age of 10 and won many tournaments facing more experienced and higher ranking competitors due to lack of popularity in the Judo circuit. He then pursued basketball but started back with martial arts soon after. He trained Taekwondo at 15 and won many tournaments on his pursuit to black belt. Looking for a new challenge, coach Joe began training Muay Thai at the age of 21 and won his first fight one month after he started training. After a while he often had to fights against heavier opponents in different weight classes because the competitors in his weight class would back out.
1993 NH Junior/Senior Judo Championship 1st place
1997 Showdown GA TKD Championship 1st place
1999 Showdown GA TKD Championship 1st place
1999 U.T.A Young’s TKD Open Championship 1st place
1999 GA State Pro/AM Championship 1st place
1999 GA State TKD Championship 2nd place
2000 Showdown GA TKD Championship 1st place
2000 Tiger USA TKD Championship 1st place
2004 U.S.M.T.A National Welterweight Champion Muay Thai
2004 WKA National Welterweight Champion Muay Thai
2005 WKA National Welterweight Champion Muay Thai
2005 WKA Worlds Championship Muay Thai 2nd place
Master Yoon (He prefers coach Paul) started his martial arts journey at age 5 earning a 3rd degree black belt in American TaeKwonDo, a 4th degree black belt in the World TaeKwonDo Federation, a 1st degree black belt in the American TaeKwonDo Federation, in addition to two (2) 1st degree black belts in two (2) different styles of American Karate. He started competing in Taekwondo at an early age and has earned numerous local, state, regional, national, and international competitions which culminated in being a two time silver medalist in the Junior Olympics for Taekwondo.
Coach Paul was in a horrific motorcycle accident in 2012 that left him in a month long coma. The doctors attributed his survival to the shape he was in thanks to martial arts. He no longer competes but has been teaching Taekwondo since 1998 and has dedicated himself to creating a better world, one community at a time – one black belt at a time.
“Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.” -Man in Black, The Princess Bride
“Do or do not. There is not try.” -Master Yoda, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
“Your progress is up to you. If you want to stay in a wheelchair, ok. If you want to stay on a cane, ok. If you want to stay on crutches, ok. Just like in life, you dictate your own progress.” -Dr. McGann, MD & Dr. Benedict, MD, When coach Paul asked if he would be able to walk again.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 225 Laredo Dr. unit A
Decatur GA 30030
Email : email@example.com
Address: 10955 Jones Bridge Rd.
STE: 107 John’s Creek, GA 30022